Friday, April 11, 2014

Former Iceman Brian Ferlin signs with Bruins

Former Indiana Ice forward Brian Ferlin signed an entry-level contract with the Boston Bruins on Friday.

The Bruins drafted Ferlin in the fourth round of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. Ferlin led Cornell with 13 goals and 27 points this season as a junior. He had 31 goals, 72 points and a +25 rating over 92 games at Cornell.

Ferlin announced the news on Twitter, saying "With an amazing opportunity at hand, I have decided to sign with @NHLBruins. I would like to thank everyone that has supported me throughout my career. I especially would like to thank Coach Schafer and Cornell University for giving me an unbelievable three years that I will cherish for the rest of my life."

Ferlin played for the Ice between 2009-11, tallying 25 goals and 73 points in the 2010-11season.

He is a native of Jacksonville, Fla.

Ferlin is the fourth former Iceman to sign an NHL entry-level deal this spring, joining Nic Dowd (Los Angeles), Kevin Goumas (Philadelphia) and Adam Erne (Tampa Bay). He'll join Torey Krug as the second former Iceman in the Bruins organization.

Florida Times-Union
NESN

No comments:

Post a Comment