"To join my hometown OHL team and provide my family with the opportunity to live in the great city of Ottawa is a dream come true," Brown said at his introductory press conference today. Brown, 48, is an Ottawa native who coached the Ice for two seasons.
Links to articles from Ottawa about Coach Brown:
Ottawa 67s release
More Ice notes below the jump.
Defenseman Chris Martenet is headed to the OHL to play for London next year. A 1996 birth-year player, the big (6'7) St. Louis native suited up in 35 games for the Ice this year, with five assists.
Very excited to announce that I will be playing for the @GoLondonKnights next year. Can't wait to get things started! #KnightsFamilyAlso, Coach Brown says his 16-year-old son Logan will not be following him to Ottawa. A 6'6 forward who played for the Indiana Junior Ice U16 team this past year, Logan is considered one of the top 1998 birth-year players in North America. He was drafted by the OHL's Niagara Ice Dogs.
— Chris Martenet (@biggiraffe7) June 19, 2014
Jeff Brown says his son Logan won't be coming here. Says he needs someone else to coach him. #OHLIce assistant coach Adam Krug is headed to Green Bay to be an assistant to new Gamblers head coach Pat Mikesch. Adam is the older brother of former Ice player (and current Boston Bruin) Torey Krug.
— Bruce Garrioch (@SunGarrioch) June 19, 2014
A look at the 2014-15 whereabouts of the Clark Cup champions (to the best of our knowledge now)
Jeff Brown (head coach): Ottawa 67s (OHL) head coach
Adam Krug (associate head coach): Green Bay Gamblers (USHL) assistant coach
Bernie John (assistant coach): TBA
- Austin Kosack: Ferris State University (NCAA)
- Josh Jacobs: Michigan State University (NCAA)
- Ryan Mantha: University of North Dakota (NCAA). Note: His OHL rights are held by the Niagara IceDogs. He has stated he will play wherever the team that drafts him next week wants him to play.
- Chris Martenet: London Knights (OHL - Canadian Major Junior)
- Vince Pedrie: Bloomington Thunder (USHL). 2015-16 Quinnipiac (NCAA) commit
- Mike Preston: Army (NCAA)
- Matt Roy: Michigan Tech University (NCAA)
- Tim Shoup: Dartmouth College (NCAA)
- Tyler Andrew: Ferris State University (NCAA)
- Scott Conway: Penn State University (NCAA)
- Mitch Hults: Madison Capitols (USHL)
- Sam Kurker: Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)
- Aidan Muir: Western Michigan University (NCAA) NHL rights: Edmonton Oilers
- Patrick Newell: Tri-City Storm (USHL). 2015-16 St. Cloud State (NCAA) commit
- Tyler Pham: Army (NCAA)
- Brian Pinho: Providence College (NCAA). NHL rights: Washington Capitals
- Jacob Pritchard: Powell River Kings (BCHL - Canadian Junior A)
- Jason Salvaggio: University of New Hampshire (NCAA)
- Denis Smirnov: Fargo Force (USHL). Future Penn State (NCAA) commit
- Joe Sullivan: St. Lawrence University (NCAA)
- Alex Talcott: University of Michigan (NCAA)
- Dwyer Tschantz: Cornell University (NCAA)
- Jason Pawloski: Minnesota State University-Mankato (NCAA)
- Hayden Stewart: Cornell University (NCAA)